Amberly Acuff Brennan graduated from Michigan State University (B.A.) and the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D.), where she was a two-year member of the Moot Court Board of Advocates and competed in the Gallagher Professional Responsibility Appellate Moot Court Competition. She also served one year on the Moot Court Board of Directors as the Managing Editor.
Ms. Brennan concentrates her practice in the areas of general school law and labor and employment law. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and the American Bar Association. Ms. Brennan joined in 2003. Ms. Brennan has advocated on behalf of school districts and community colleges in teacher tenure proceedings, discrimination claims before the Office of Civil Rights, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Ms. Brennan has also conducted investigations into potential employee misconduct and employee discipline.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Admitted to the State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan State University (B.A., English)
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D.)
- Moot Court, Board of Advocates
- Moot Court, Board of Directors, Managing Editor
- Litigation and Labor/Employment Law Sections of the State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan and National Councils of School Attorneys
- Access to Students & Student Records
- Sexual Harassment
- General School Law
- Teacher Evaluation & Discipline
- State & Federal Laws Affecting the Workplace